Massive investment needs for energy and infrastructure in the target region
- Large-scale demand for energy and infrastructure investments in the target region due to deferred investments, convergence with developed markets, high growth, and demography.
- Increasing investments in renewable energy due to improved awareness on climate change, regulatory requirements, tariff support, and increasingly unstable fossil fuel prices in the long run.
- Increasing willingness of Governments to introduce private capital to infrastructure finance through PPPs, concessions, and privatisations. Turkey expected to enter a power deficit period in the medium term; large-scale generation and distribution assets being privatised.
- Typically large size of equity requirements in energy and infrastructure projects and relatively limited investment capital available locally.
Lack of capital with sector expertise
- Local investors and developers willing to partner with financial investors that could bring in additional equity, expertise, industry network and help raise debt on a limited-recourse basis for projects or acquisitions.
- Growing demand by western strategic investors (which have saturated home markets) to invest in fast-growing emerging markets, which in turn generates attractive exit opportunities for financial investors.
- Increasing number of local developers and foreign investors seeking credible and sophisticated third-party advisors or minority investors to help create and structure partnerships.
- Limited expertise in the target sectors and shortage of world-class standards of advisory and governance in the target region.
CrescentCapital aims to be a leading catalyst in linking up capital and attractive investment opportunities in energy and infrastructure projects